Masonicare of Wallingford, Connecticut, is the state's leading provider of healthcare and retirement living communities for seniors. We are not-for-profit and have more than 100 years of experience behind us. We're recognized for the quality, compassionate care and steadfast support we provide to our residents and patients.
Masonicare's roots date back to 1750, when Connecticut's first Masonic Lodge was chartered. Nearly 150 years later, in 1889, Connecticut Masons began a charitable fund that became The Masonic Charity Foundation of Connecticut, and in 1895, dedicated an 88-acre homestead in Wallingford as The Masonic Home.
Now Open to All
At its inception, The Home's mission was to care for the elderly and orphans with Masonic connections. During the ensuing years, Masonicare grew exponentially and greatly expanded its healthcare services and retirement living options. The organization, which is now open to all - not just Masons - employs more than 2,500 people throughout the state.
Today, Masonicare encompass a broad range of healthcare and senior living options:
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities - Masonicare Health Center in Wallingford and Masonicare at Newtown.
- Independent living options - A continuing care retirement community, Masonicare at Ashlar Village, and the A. Norman Johnson Apartments, Kenneth B. Hawkins Apartments and Wells Apartments for individuals 55 and over, all located in Wallingford
- Assisted living communities - Pond Ridge in Wallingford and Lockwood Lodge in Newtown
- A residential care home - the Leslie G. Wright Residence in Wallingford
- Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, a statewide home healthcare and hospice provider that touches 3,000 patients each month through its 11 offices.
Accredited for Excellence
Masonicare's affiliates are accredited and approved for excellence by their respective accrediting bodies, including the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CCAC), as well as being Medicare certified and licensed by the State of Connecticut.
Accreditation assures a high standard of care and best practices for governance and financial management.
Our "Ageless Commitment to Caring"
At Masonicare, we believe in caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. We're dedicated to continuing the "ageless commitment to caring" that has been the cornerstone of our organization for more than 100 years.> See our Mission/Vision Statement
> Our Commitment to Compliance and Ethical Code of Conduct
> Contact Us